As iPad usage gets more and more popular, the amount of available apps seems to grow exponentially! Which apps are must-haves for college students? If you’re a new iPad user (or even if you use yours regularly already), this list can get you started:
5. Print n Share
9. Words with Friends
- Pages is deﬁnitely my #1! It’s essentially a super-word creating document for the iPad. You can save documents in a variety of formats and email them directly from the app. It has a large selection of fonts and formats, too.
- As we all know, storage is more limited on the iPad than a traditional computer, so I like to use Pandora as opposed to ﬁlling up storage with iTunes.
- I have the Gmail mail app, which puts my gmail right on my desktop or toolbar.
- Same with the limited storage piece, instead of buying iTunes videos and taking up space, watching Netﬂix is smarter and cheaper on the iPad.
- Print n Share enables you to print to a non-air print enabled printer if you’re in a real crunch!
- Signmypad is amazing. I had no idea how much I was actually going to use this app-but I use it constantly! It saves me so much time and hassle. You can download documents and ﬁll them out and sign them with your ﬁnger right on the screen. It’s saved me many a trip to use a fax or scanner.
- Facebook, enough said.
- The gmail mail app on iPad doesn’t include Gchat, but you can still gchat with friends and family using this app, GTalkPlus.
- Admittedly, I’m totally addicted to Words With Friends. There’s even a free version. I have this on my iPhone too. It’s nice to take a break from work and work on this triple letter scores!
- I like having Groupon on my iPad as well as my iPhone so I can organize which vouchers and deals I have used. If I’m using a voucher online instead of having it scanned in person, I like to have it on my iPad.